1 hour To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee pgs. 253-291
Different Perspectives: When Scout wants to invite Walter Cunningham to the house, Aunt Alexandra strongly dissaproves, saying Walter is trash, and would be a bad influence on Scout.
"But I want to play with Walter, Aunty, why can't I?"
She took off her glasses and stared at me. "I'll tell you why," she said, "Because he is trash, that's why you can't play with him. I'll not have you around him, pickinng up his habits and learning Lord-knows-what. Your enough of a problem to your father as it is."
Scout and Aunt Alexandra have different perspectives of Walter Cunningham, causing disagreement, and in the end Scout feeling frustrated, since she didn't get what she wanted.
1 hour To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee pgs. 292- 323
Ethics: In the timeframe of this book, white people are easily dominant over black people, or Negroes. After Tom Robinson, is stated guilty for rape, he is sent to prison. Despite Atticus's thoughts that Tom has a chance to get out of prison, he ends up trying to escape and is shot and killed.
"We had such a good chance," he said. "I told him what I thought, but I couldn't in truth say that we had more than a good chance. I guess Tim was tired of white men's chances and preferred to take his own..."
Tom was put in a paradox. He is frustrated with the ways of white people, and wants to solve things his own way by escaping the prison, but knows he has a slim chance of escaping without death. He ended up taking his own path, but was killed in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment